Rent, Benefits and Debt Advice
Need help paying your rent?
If you are having difficulty paying your rent, please contact your Income Management Advisor. We can help with all sorts of issues.
In the last year we have:
- Assisted residents with requests to backdate Housing Benefit, preventing eviction in a number of cases
- Helped residents to apply for hardship payments to deal with their council tax debts
- Helped residents to apply for discretionary housing payments (DHPs) to assist with short falls in housing benefit for under occupancy and benefit caps
- Ensured residents are signposted to dedicated support providers where specific, specialised assistance is required
Need help with debt or benefits?
Our Welfare Rights Officer Chris James is here to help you with:
- Checking you are claiming all the benefits you are entitled to
- Assisting with benefit applications
- Getting advice on changes to benefits, including Universal Credit, Personal Independence Payments (PIP) and Employment Support Allowance (ESA)
- Advice regarding the benefit cap and what actions can be taken
- Budgeting to pay your rent and other bills
- Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) applications (when benefits are stopped or changed)
- Benefit Decision Appeals following refused MR
- Carers Allowance
- Essential Living Fund grants, for assistance with essential furniture and white goods when moving into a new property
- Attendance Allowance
- Pension Credits
Chris has been successful in securing over £500,000 in additional benefit income for Colne residents in the last year.
Contact Chris on 01206 244772 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org