Do you want to move?
Your best chance of finding a new property suited to you is to try for a mutual exchange with a resident of another housing association or council. Alternatively, you can apply to the local authority where you live or want to move to who will assess your housing needs and may add you to their housing register.
For more information, please go to our Apply For A Home page.
How to swap homes - mutual exchange
We continue to accept Mutual Exchange applications during this latest lockdown. However, to keep our customers and staff safe, we have temporarily paused home inspections.
This means that we will advise you whether we agree the exchange can go ahead in principle, but that the exchange cannot be completed until we have carried out the inspection of your home.
Eastlight residents can use the free mutual exchange website Homeswapper to find their dream home.
Homeswapper allows you to look for an exchange nationwide and matches you up with people who may be interested in moving into your property. To be eligible for Homeswapper you will need a qualifying tenancy, a clear rent account, a trouble free tenancy and your home must be in good condition.
Register for free today www.homeswapper.co.uk
You can also register on the free to use mutual exchange site House Exchange, a website where you are able to view properties available from other organisations nationwide.
If you find a suitable exchange, an application form must be submitted to Eastlight by each party wishing to take part in such an exchange.
If you are looking to move to a smaller property, you may qualify for financial help in moving. For more details get in touch with our Contact Centre.
You will not be able to do a mutual exchange if:
- The property you wish to move to is too big or too small for you, according to our guidelines
- There are court orders against you or the other resident
- You or the other resident live in tied accommodation
- Either home has been designed or adapted for someone with a disability and one of the residents does not need these facilities
- Either home has been built for a specific age group and one of the residents does not fulfil this criteria
- You are in rent arrears
- There is a history of Anti-social behaviour
- You are in the first year of your tenancy with Colne/Eastlight